Bulk Kerbside Collection
Did you know Shellharbour City Council offers an on-call Bulk Kerbside Collection?
You can arrange to have 2m3 ( 2m wide x 1m high x 1m deep ) or 200kg of unwanted household items collected from your property. Collections generally occur on the Wednesday of each week (Public Holidays excluded) at the discretion of the Harbour Cities team.
Additional tip fees apply for tyres and each mattress and ensemble base. Your fee is utilised to cover the cost of transporting your old mattress locally to Resource Recovery Australia where it will be recycled and saved from landfill.
Please place your mattresses, tyres and greenwaste in seperate individual piles next to your general waste pile for easy removal.
Items that CAN be presented for your Bulk Kerbside Collection include:
- Mattresses or Ensemble/Bases (legs and/or wheels removed)
additional fees apply
- Tyres (Passenger Vehicle & Motorbike only)
additional fees apply
doors, lids removed
- Timber Items
including doors, window frames [up to 2m in length]
- Saleable Secondhand Goods
- Small Furniture Items & Appliances
chair, bedside table, lamp
- Baby Items & Toys
Pram, bassinet, stroller, baby bath, car seat and toys
- Garden Refuse, Tools & Equipment
Bagged lawn clippings, prunings, hoses and pots
- Sporting Goods, Bikes & Camping Equipment
- Clothing & Shoes (unfit for charity)
Ensure clothing is bagged neatly
- Rugs & Carpet Scraps
Pieces must be less than 2m lengths
- Scrap Metal
Items must contain at least 70% metal
Items NOT accepted in your Bulk Kerbside Collection include:
- Household Food Scraps
These items belong in your FOGO bin
No Computers, computer peripherals, Televisions, Monitors etc
- Building Material or Commercial Waste
i.e. no asbestos, concrete, gyprock or bricks
- Sheet / Plate Glass or Mirrors
- Chemicals, Paints, Oils Batteries & Gas Bottles
These can be disposed of through Household Chemical CleanOut
- Items more than 2 metres in length
- Items too heavy for 2 people to easily lift
- Medical Waste or Syringes
- No Recyclables
These items belong in your Recycle Bin
To ensure your Bulk Kerbside Collection materials are collected
- You must book your Bulk Kerbside Collection before placing your items out for pickup.
- Once booked, place items out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, but no more than 24 hours before
- Small Items to be placed in unwanted boxes or bags
- Place items out the front of your own property at your normal collection point for your bins
- Place all items neatly, off the road and footpaths
- Do not place more than 2m3 (two cubic metres) of materials out for collection, which is approximately one small box trailer load
- Do not place items out more than 24 hours before the scheduled collection date.
- Do not place items out that are unsuitable for collection. They will NOT be collected. Check above for what you can and cannot place out for collection.
- Do not place Items that exceed two (2) metres in length and items must be light enough to be reasonably moved by two (2) people
- Do not place items out after the collection has taken place. We will not return
You must pay for your Bulk Kerbside Collection by 2pm on the Monday prior to your scheduled collection.
If you do not pay, your booking will be cancelled and you will need to rebook.
To book your Bulk Kerbside Collection click here